We are hiring! Development Managers, Scotland
Our growing pipeline of Scottish projects has resulted in vacancies being available to join our new Scottish office. We are seeking Development Managers of all levels to work with us on our onshore wind farm sites.
The work will be varied, suiting flexible candidates with a problem-solving attitude, and will include:
- Site search and identification of new projects;
- Negotiations with landowners and other counterparties;
- Managing the production and implementation of various legal agreements;
- Co-ordinating teams of consultants producing planning applications for decision at either Local Authority or Scottish Government level;
- Monitoring project budgets and procurement processes; and
- Travel across Scotland.
The expectation is that this will be a full-time position based in Edinburgh, however we can offer flexibility over both hours and location for the right candidate.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- At least three years of development experience in the UK wind industry (more experience will be required for senior positions);
- a minimum of Bachelors degree level education; and
- A valid UK driving license.
- Confident and personable. This role will involve direct communication with a variety of stakeholders (e.g. landowners and consultants) and requires a confident, outgoing attitude.
- Highly organised. This role requires the ability to manage multiple projects at various stages of development; efficiency in work and the ability to prioritise is crucial.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated. The successful candidate should be able to cope with competing demands and to manage a variety of tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines. A pro-active approach to problem solving is a must.
- Computer literate. A working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications is required. Experience of GIS and wind farm design software would be a plus, if not there should be evidence of a desire and ability to learn.
We offer a competitive salary with an attractive performance-related bonus. Candidates should send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business on 31 January 2019.
Candidates need to be in possession of a valid work permit for this location. All applications will be responded to and treated confidentially.